Spring has sprung, and that means that the home selling season is upon us. If you’re thinking about getting into the Dawson Springs real estate market, you might be making plans for sprucing your home up. There’s decluttering, painting, and cleaning to do inside. But don’t forget the outside of your Dawson Springs home! In fact, having good curb appeal is one of the best things you can do to sell your house. That’s because people form first impressions quickly, so an attractive exterior will help to make a positive impression on potential buyers. Here are five quick things you can do this weekend to make your home exterior more beautiful.
Get Your Dawson Springs Home Exterior Looking Good for Sale
1. House number. Be sure that your house number is easy to see from the street. This will make your house easy to find, which helps buyers to feel relaxed when they arrive. Splurge on new, large numbers if you can to really stand out.
2. Front door. One of the best home improvement projects you can do to increase the value of your house is to install a new door. Consider painting it a stand-out color, too. A brick red or navy blue is very classy.
3. Porch. Whether you have an inviting wrap-around porch or just a small stoop, make sure it looks inviting. Hanging baskets of flowers are a nice touch, or a flowering bush in a pretty pot. Be sure to sweep and mop if necessary. If you have a porch swing, tidy it up, too.
4. Landscaping. Mow and edge your lawn for a start. If you have the space, planting some new flowers or bushes is a good idea. Trees should be pruned and leaves swept up.
5. Lighting. Even if you don’t expect evening showings, it’s a good idea to have nice looking lights on your house. It adds to the overall look. Keep in mind that people may drive past your house at night and see the for sale sign. Good lighting makes it easier for them to see the sign and the house number so they can look it up.
If you have questions about how to get Dawson Springs real estate ready to sell, give our office a call at 270.635.1495.