It is very important to do a final walk through before purchasing a Dawson Springs home. This is not to talk about where to put the couch or what color to paint the bathroom, but to make sure that anything the seller agreed to fix is fixed. It is also important to make sure nothing has happened to the home between the inspection and closing.
Take a Checklist When You Examine Dawson Springs Property
This is especially important to do when a house sits vacant. There are any number of things that could happen when a home is not occupied. Perhaps a small leak under the bathroom sink has turned into water all over the floor. Maybe an animal chewed through some wiring and now the electricity is not working. If a problem is found, the agent should be able to account for the money for the needed repairs in the transaction. Here are a few things you should do when performing the final walk through of your Dawson Springs home:
- Test all of the lights by turning them on and off.
- Test all appliances, exhaust fans, the garbage disposal, and the garage door.
- Turn on and off all faucets and flush all toilets and check for leaks.
- Take a close look at all walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Open and close all windows and doors.
- Try out the heating and air conditioning systems.
- Look around to make sure no debris is left in the home.
If the home has remained occupied until the end, ask to do the final walk through with the homeowner. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the house and ask questions. Find out what improvements they made to the Dawson Springs property and anything they hoped to do but never got to. It can also be an opportunity to get a forwarding address for any mail and end the entire process on a good note.